Sunday, August 24, 2014

Would you save a life?

Recently, we lost a treasured actor who brought us all laughs in many forms.  Equally, he brought us tenderness as well as humbleness.  Though this is not meant to be a tribute to a favorite actor of mine, Robin Williams' death did come at a surprise and perhaps placed a bigger "blip" on the radar for topics such as depression, loneliness, and suicide.  Another topic that sprang to mind today was what would you do if you knew he was going to make the final choice?  Think carefully.  Would you have saved him?

Let's bring it closer to home.  Another hot topic has been the rise in children being left in cars, windows closed, unattended for hours to be barely alive if not dead.  What would you do?

If a friend, spouse, relative, co-worker, even your pet were to dart into a roadway with a oncoming car, would you run out to save them?  Would you?  In your mind you might be saying, "yes."

What are you getting at Wyatt?  I am stretching out my words, my virtual arm and asking you a serious question, "Can I help you live?"

"Help me live?"  What do you mean Wyatt?

We would blindly save a child who has fallen into a well.  We would not think twice to run down a highway to save a runaway dog.  Correct?  Why, then, would you not want to live forever?

Here comes the curveball...  Perhaps.  Please do not stop reading.  Please give serious thought and attention for the remainder of this blog.  Yes, I am speaking to my friend, my cousin, my aunt, my parent, my co-worker, my minister, my child, my colleague.  I am reaching out to you because I care and love you enough to tell you about a life that is worth living for.  I am jumping into the roadway of your life, blocking that oncoming car of life so that you can be spared.  A future that holds a reward like no other.

"Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends." - John 15:13

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.  For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved." - John 3:16-17

God loved you!  God loved you enough to send His only Son to represent your sins, your failings, your crimes so that you could live in freedom; to have an eternal, blissful life.

Like the Soldier, Airman, Sailor, or Marine who jumps into the rain of bullets, shrapnel, or mortar fire to save his/her wounded friend, Jesus stepped in so that you could live.

"I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly." - John 10:10b

God wants you to have an abundant life.  He wants you to enjoy life on this earth and in heaven.

But I am a good person.  That should count for something.  You may have a noble heart but let me ask you 3 quick questions to measure that.

1)  Have you ever stolen anything?  How about time from work?  How about a pen from work?
2)  Have you ever lied about anything; white lies count?
3)  Have you ever lusted after another?  This includes the pinup posters, looking at people on the beach, or perhaps an actor/actress on TV or a movie.

If you said Yes to 1, what are you?  A thief
If you said Yes to 2, what are you?  A liar
If you said Yes to 3, what are you?  An adulterer  How am I an adulterer, I never slept with that person?  No, but have you craved after that person?  "But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart."  - Matthew 5:28  Jesus tells us that lusting is equal to the physical act of adultery.

In a courtroom setting, using only the 10 Commandments as our guidelines and having asking you only 3 of those commandments, do you think that a judge would declare you guilty or innocent?

God is a forgiving God.  "The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance." - 2 Peter 3:9  Repent means to turn away or to change your ways.  God wants you to believe in Jesus and rely on Him.

"for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God," - Romans 3:23  Everyone has sinned.  It is in our blood to lie, to steal, to lust, to covet, and so on.  God is holy and has no room in heaven for sin.  "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." - Romans 6:23  We have 2 directions to go...eternal life in a bliss and joyful Heaven or torment and pain in hell.

I am reaching out to you, again, yes you old friend, kin, relative, co-worker.  Yes you in Pennsylvania, Idaho, New Jersey, Texas, Michigan, Arkansas, North Dakota, Alabama, New York, California,
Great Britain, Maryland, Virginia, Illinois, Missouri, and everywhere else...I am talking straight to you.  I want you to have an everlasting life.

Sin was paid for.  Jesus stepped in and took your sin.  He died to give you life.  "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.  Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him."  - Romans 5:8-9

What can you do?  If you have questions.  If there are things you do not understand and want to talk to me about, please....PLEASE reach out to me.  wyatt.bloom@yahoo.com, facebook, or @servantwb

Allow me to end with this... "that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.  For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.  For the Scripture says, 'Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.'  For 'whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.'"  - Romans 10:9-11 & 13.

If you would like to turn your life around.  If you would like to have an eternal life, please pray out to Jesus.  There is no script.  There is no prepared prayer to say.  All that is required is you wholeheartedly speak, yes with your mouth and voice, directly to Jesus and believe in Him.  Believe that He has saved you from sin.  "
“Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved."  - Acts 16:31b

Again, if you have questions.  If there are things you do not understand and want to talk to me about, please....PLEASE reach out to me.  wyatt.bloom@yahoo.com, facebook, or @servantwb  Do not be embarrassed, afraid, shy, or anything of the sort.  I will gladly and humbly answer questions and speak to you no matter who you are.  No matter your age, your position, your relationship to me, no matter what because I care enough to tell you that I love you and I want you to have eternal life.


No comments:

Post a Comment