Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Inspiration for Today - 10 Apr 12

Patience. Does anyone have any? Some do. Others, like myself, not so much, though God continues to teach me how to be patient.

I am reminded of this because my wife and I have been expecting our first baby. He was due on 4 Apr, but that day has passed by. We were scheduled to go into the hospital to induce my wife tonight, 10 Apr, yet the hospital said that they have no bed space. We are to call back tomorrow for see if there is a bed available.

My wife and I have been anxious to see our first born, like any other first time parents or maybe even reoccurring parents. Yet, this is a reminder that we need to not "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God." Philippians 4:6 (NKJV)

God certainly knows our request, yet God is showing us His perfect timing and not ours or the doctors. He diligently teaches us patience and many other things if we only "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened." Matthew 7:7-8 (NKJV)

Do you need patience? Do you need strength? Do you need courage? What is it that you need help with? Make your request be known; ask, seek, and knock in Jesus' name and God will answer your prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment