Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Inspiration for Today - 24 Jan 12

When you are sad, lonely, going through troubles, sin, guilt, and other circumstances in life, what do you do?

Are there storms in your life that you need to seek shelter from? Many times we forget that we should first look to God our Father during these storms. God is our protector, our comfort, and our shelter in all storms.

I am reminded of a very inspirational hymn - Rock of Ages.

Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
Let me hide myself in thee;
Let the water and the blood,
From thy wounded side which flowed,
Be of sin the double cure,
Save from wrath and make me pure.

Not the labors of my hands
Can fulfill thy law’s demands;
Could my zeal no respite know,
Could my tears forever flow,
All for sin could not atone;
Thou must save, and thou alone.

While I draw this fleeting breath,
When mine eyes shall close in death,
When I rise to worlds unknown,
And behold thee on thy throne,
Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
Let me hide myself in thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment