Monday, January 2, 2012

Inspiration for Today - 2 Jan 12

How often to you look at God's nature and see the beauty?

EARLY this morning (3:30AM), my little cockapoo (Ariel) had to go to the bathroom. Reluctantly, I got up to take her out. After I went to the bathroom, I returned to see if Ariel was ready to come in. Instead, I found her lightly, playfully growling at the fence.

Through the darkness, my eyes finally adjusted to what my playful pup was looking at. A deer. As Ariel would hop around and let out a playful bark, the deer would continue to graze, only looking up when Ariel hopped.

After a few minutes of this, the deer decided to play along. Ariel would hop, then the deer would hop afterwards. This lastest for several minutes before the deer decided she was done playing and moved away.

God's creation is so wonderful that even in the darkness of the early morn, He can show us that His creatures can be a delight and joyful entertainment.

This reminds me of an old hymn:

All creatures of our God and King,
Lift up your voice and with us sing
Alleluia! Alleluia! Thou burning sun with golden beam,
Thou silver moon with softer gleam!
O praise Him, O praise Him!
Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!

No comments:

Post a Comment