Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Inspiration for Today - 17 Jan 12

The Verse of the Day provided by Biblegateway.net is a great reminder for all of us, including me.

Philippians 2:14-16 (NKJV), "Do all things without complaining and disputing, that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world, holding fast the word of life, so that I may rejoice in the day of Christ that I have not run in vain or labored in vain."

How many times have you grumbled or complained about doing any kind of work? Your employment - tasks within the job, at home - garbage, homework, or even in our church work. I must admit that I have grumbled and complained in all of these, yet when we complain are we not remembering that God gave us this task to do. There was a reason for us to do the task. Most of the time, I believe it's simple responsibility and obedience, but there may be a time where it provides a witness to someone. Especially if we don't complain about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment