Friday, December 30, 2011

Inspiration for Today - 30 Dec 11

Recently, I began reading the "Our Daily Bread" booklet. For years I have praised and recommended both it and "Guideposts" but never took the time to read it except on rare occasions. Nonetheless, I was reading a post that was encouraging to me especially with New Years coming up.

In the Dec 11 post, King Solomon found joy in ordinary things. Many of us don't consider everyday things to be joyful occasions. For instance: eating, sleeping, walking, drinking, even breathing we in the US would consider ordinary things. These are all gifts from God.

King Solomon said this in Ecclesiastes 8:15 (NKJV), "So I commended enjoyment, because a man has nothing better under the sun than to eat, drink, and be merry; for this will remain with him in his labor all the days of his life which God gives him under the sun."

God is so wonderful that we should pause, not just to say grace for our meals, rather pause at different times to acknowledge what our Father has done for us and simply say, "thank you for what You have provided me today."

No comments:

Post a Comment