Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Inspiration for Today - 24 Apr 12

What does your schedule look like? Is it planned or unplanned? Are you free willing or fixed by the minute hand? Many years ago, I was a scheduled individual. After work, my days all had their routine. I remember Mondays were typically lawn care days, Tuesdays were big meal days (making a larger dish to eat from for the week), Wednesdays were Bible Study, Thursday was Smallville night, Friday was house cleaning, Saturday was either a free day or vehicle maintenance day (depending on the situation), and Sundays were church days. With few exceptions, this was my day to day life for close to ten years. As time went on, I began to think to myself "why am I so fixed?" Eventually, I freed myself from this schedule, however it came with a price. Without any schedule, I have been living a chaotic lifestyle, so to speak. No day is the same, yet I know I need to focus on schoolwork, household chores, Bible study, and so forth. About a year or so ago, I made a schedule for one, important thing; the Bible. Whenever I drive to and from work, I listen to the Bible on CD. While at work, when time is available, I read my pocket Bible. Even in my disorganized schedule, I schedule in the Bible so I can get closer to God. Does your schedule include time with God? If not, make it your number one priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment