Monday, April 16, 2012

Inspiration for Today - 16 Apr 12

Being a new father is quite a challenge, which many would agree. One of the most compelling things for me is the amount of emotions that have unlocked. I don't think I've cried or had teary eyes as much as I have within the past few days. I've also found myself humming to our little boy. The songs I hum are hymns with my favorite being Blessed Assurance.

This is such a wondrous new adventure for me. I have learned a lot about caring for my wife, caring for an infant, and discovering just how dependent he is on us. It reminds me just how dependent we are on God. Whether we are the mature, theologian who knows each word of the Bible and its meaning or the infant Christian who was just saved, we are infantly dependent on God every second of every day that He grants us.

1 comment:

  1. I am ecstatic for you that you are finally able to have the experience of being a daddy! God has blessed you and will continue to bless you in the future!! Love and hugs to your new little family! :)

    ReplyDelete