Monday, February 20, 2012

Inspiration for Today - 20 Feb 12

Facebook is quite a comical venue for people to express themselves. I have seen complaints, desires, delights, locations, comedies, drama, adventure, and so forth. The one thing that I see quite prominent is their master.

How often do you read, especially in the morning, someone needing a coffee to aid in waking up? How often do you read how someone cannot wait until next week's episode of a TV show?

Paul wrote a compelling verse that has far more application than one would think. 1 Corinthians 6:12 (NASB), "All things are lawful for me, but not all things are profitable. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be mastered by anything."

What is mastering or controlling you? Sit back and examine what is mastering you right now. Ask yourself honestly, "is this item mastering me and hindering my witness for Christ?"

Some of the most innocent things that we don't even think of can be the most controlling masters of our lives. Examine yourself...I know I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment