Monday, January 16, 2012

Inspiration for Today - 16 Jan 12

Is the Holy Spirit free or contained in you?

Do you freely express and allow His to control your body or do you restrict Him?

Very recently, I witnessed a service where the pastor was interrupted because the Holy Spirit abruptly spoke to a woman who had turned her life away from terrible garbage to include suicidal intentions. As she shared how she recovered, another woman stepped up to share and encourage that woman. Again, the Spirit called on a gentleman who also encouraged those 2 women sharing his triumph.

I had never witnessed something like this. My hair stood up on end with goosebumps. The Spirit was truly free and unrestrained in that service.

Again, at another service, I witnessed the pastor hopping and waving his arms and hands in the service. Singing and praising along with the worship songs. And he was not the only one. Many people in the congregation were doing the same.

This awakened me and made me think, do we restrict or restrain the Holy Spirit in our worship and everyday lives? To me, I think that some people have. Am I saying that its wrong if we don't dance, shout, and interrupt the pastor? No, we need to be comfortable but we also cannot put God, Jesus, or the Holy Spirit in a box.

Luke 12:11-12 (NIV), "When you are brought before synagogues, rulers and authorities, do not worry about how you will defend yourselves or what you will say, for the Holy Spirit will teach you at that time what you should say."

John 3:33-34 (NKJV), "He who has received His testimony has certified that God is true. For He whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God does not give the Spirit by measure."

Acts 2:16-18 (NKJV), "But this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:
' And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God,
That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh;
Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
Your young men shall see visions,
Your old men shall dream dreams.
And on My menservants and on My maidservants
I will pour out My Spirit in those days;
And they shall prophesy."

2 Corinthians 3:17 (NKJV), "Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty."

No comments:

Post a Comment