Thursday, December 8, 2011

Inspiration for Today - 8 Dec 11

What do you throw away and what do you keep? What memories/thoughts are valuable to you; what aren't?

It amazes me sometimes what we throw away during the course of our lives. Today, I had the opportunity to help dismantle some items from an old office location. It amazed me what was considered to be trash and what was considered worth keeping.

As many of you know, I recently moved to another base and during both the packing and unpacking, I too did this very same sorting.

Mentally, there are times we do the very same sorting, however there are times when certain memories cannot be simply thrown away. Though many of us would agree, we wish we could.

Isaiah 43:25 (NKJV), "I, even I, am He who blots out your transgressions for My own sake; And I will not remember your sins."

Jeremiah 31:31 (NKJV), "No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, ‘Know the LORD,’ for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the LORD. For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.

Hebrews 8:12 (NKJV), "For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more."

Have you asked God to forgive you of your sins? Matthew 7:7-8 (NKJV), "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened."

No comments:

Post a Comment