Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Inspiration for Today - 29 Nov 11

Who inspires you?

Through the years, very few people have truly inspired me. Yes, Albert Einstein, Benjamin Franklin, Bill Gates, and Steve Jobs are/were great inventors and have more than contributed to our way of life. Yet there have only been a few that have truly inspired me on earth.

However, it wasn't until a low-some moment while assigned in Italy that I rededicated my life and truly became inspired by the Triune God.

While in the 2nd grade, I accepted Christ as my Lord and Savior. I was a decent child while growing up but turmoil hit my home when I was around 10. As the pre and teenage years rolled on, especially when I turned 16 and had my own car, I began to rebel. No it wasn't with sex, drugs, or alcohol, rather it was staying away from home and even staying away from my home church.

After this somewhat brief rebellion, I joined the US Air Force, not out of rebellion but for a new career path. As I stated before, it was a low in my life that brought me to be inspired to rededicate my life to Christ.

Ephesians 2:4-9 (NKJV) "But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast."

No comments:

Post a Comment