Saturday, November 26, 2011

Inspiration for Today - 26 Nov 11

Are you on the offensive or defensive?

When you do anything in life: drive, shop, eat, even speak, what character trait are you more likely to take...the offensive or defensive? I am normally a defensive person in all of life. I drive, shop, eat, speak, even work uncompetively. In this modern world, even Christians can feel as if we need to always be the aggressive person because of how "life" has treated us.

I notice that for me, when I get upset, then I get aggressive in nearly all ways listed above and perhaps in other ways. I've found myself yelling at the customer service representative because they could not understand my level of understanding or my phrasing of the words or a simple misunderstanding...and I do not necessarily mean the language barrier.

Yet, when it is all said and done, the real question we should be asking ourselves is "how is my Christian witness to others?" Yes, Christians do make bad choices, "There is none righteous, no, not one." (NKJV, Romans 3:10b) And we all fail, however, we need to do our best to really ask ourselves, "how well am I representing Christ?" And, "what can I do to make this a positive witness to others?"

No comments:

Post a Comment